- This course teaches the basic functionality of Ethernet, as well as the standards, types of equipment, the provisioning process and various network architectures. Having knowledge of Ethernet and GigE will help broadband professionals better understand the components and implementations of Ethernet technology from 10BaseT through 10GigE, as well as the benefits of future enhancements. This course teaches how to quickly and easily build, deploy, manage and troubleshoot Ethernet networks. It also details network architectures, protocols, frame formats, configuration and provisioning parameters. In addition, participants will discover important operating requirements and troubleshooting techniques.
- Level: 200
Format: Online, Self-Paced
- This course is expected to take around 12 weeks to complete. Participants view pre-recorded, narrated presentations and complete learning activities at any time that is convenient for them.
- Participants spend approximately 4-6 hours per week, completing the various course activities in order to maximize the learning benefits.
Access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- High speed Internet connection (Cable or DSL)
- Internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 8.0 or above)
- Introduction to Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet
- OSI Protocol and Ethernet Frames
- Ethernet Connectivity and Cabling
- Switched Ethernet Networks
- Ethernet Test and Turn-up & Network Troubleshooting
Requirements for Successful Course Completion:
- Final exam with a passing grade of 80%
- Completion of Course Feedback Form
Upon Successful Course Completion You Will Receive:
- SCTE Course Certificate
- College credits when registered with an SCTE college partnership
- 2 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal
Cancellations and Extensions:
- All cancellation requests must be received by midnight of the 7th day after the course begins and must be in writing or email. All cancellations are subject to a $75 cancellation fee, plus $119 fee for textbook if applicable.
- Individuals who fail the course's final test three times will need to request a Retesting Exception and pay the Retesting Fee of $80.
Note: You must be logged in to register.