The interactive multimedia Cybersecurity Essentials course covers foundational knowledge and essentials skills in all security domains in the cyber world - information security, systems security, network security, mobile security, physical security, ethics and laws, related technologies, defense and mitigation techniques used in protecting businesses.
In addition, the course introduces learners to characteristics of cybercrime, security principles, technologies, and develop security policies that comply with cybersecurity laws. Finally, procedures to implement data confidentiality, integrity, availability and security controls on networks, servers and applications will be taught. The course includes lab activities, and multi-industry case studies.
Self-paced interactive Online Course: This course is expected to take 30 hours to complete online as learner’s complete interactive multimedia materials, lab activities, case studies and complete learning quizzes. Additionally, the course has been updated with interactivity, multimedia and instructional format, which leverages the same graphical user interface (GUI) as in the CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum. On average, learners will spend approximately 2 - 3 hours per week over 12 weeks completing course activities. SCTE·ISBE provides access to the course for 12 weeks from date of purchase.
Instructor-Led Onsite Boot Camp Course: The Cybersecurity Essentials course may be delivered as an onsite boot camp over 2 days.
Online course access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
Below are some of highlights for what can be found in the course:
- Interactive content with easy to use graphical user interface (GUI)
- Links to articles, case studies and websites helping the learner explore cybersecurity on their own
- Over 34 activities, 10 packet tracer activities, 12 labs to reinforce learning
- Assessments include 8 end of module quizzes and one (1) dynamic final exam
- Average score of 70%, or greater, on all chapter exams. Final exam requires 70%.
- High speed Internet (HSI) connection
- Updated Internet Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer)
The target audience is anyone who desires a practical introduction to the field of secure networking. This includes field technicians, headend technicians, network operations center (NOC) staff, network engineers, network administrators, and IT help-desk staff.
- Understanding Cybersecurity
The successful completion of this course requires the following:
- Reading Age Level (RAL) of 13
- Basic computer literacy and awareness of the Internet
- Prior experience with computer hardware, binary math, and basic electronics
Describe the characteristics of criminals and specialists in the cybersecurity realm.
Describe how the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability as they relate to data states and cybersecurity countermeasures.
- Describe the tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber criminals.
- Describe technologies, products and procedures used to protect confidentiality, ensure integrity and provide high availability.
- Explain how cybersecurity professionals use technologies, processes and procedures to defend all components of the network.
- Explain the purpose of laws related to cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity – A World of Wizards, Heros and Criminals
- The Cybersecurity Sorcery Cube
- Cybersecurity Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks
- The Art of Protecting Secrets
- The Art of Ensuring Integrity
- The Realm of Five Nines
- Fortifying the Kingdom
- Joining the Order of Cybersecurity Specialists
Chapter 01: Cybersecurity – A World of Wizards, Heros and Criminals
Learn the characteristics of criminals and specialists in the cyber security realm.
- Describe the cybersecurity world, criminals and professionals.
- Compare how cybersecurity threats affect individuals, business and organization.
- Explain the structure and efforts committed to expanding the security workforce.
Lab: Creating a Cyber World
Lab: Communicating in a Cyber World
Chapter 02: The Cybersecurity Sorcery Cube
Learn the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability as they relate to data states and cybersecurity countermeasures.
- Explain the three dimensions of the McCumber Cube.
- Detail the ISO cybersecurity model.
- Explain the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability as they relate to data states and cybersecurity countermeasures.
Lab: Exploring File and Data Encryption
Lab: Using File and Data Integrity Checks
Chapter 03: Cybersecurity Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks
Threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks are the central focus of the cyber criminals. Learn tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber criminals.
- Describe tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber criminals.
- Explain the types of malware, malicious code and social engineering.
- Compare distinct types of cyber-attacks.
Lab: Upload 220.127.116.11 Packet Tracer - WEP WPA2 PSK WPA2 RADIUS
Chapter 04: The Art of Protecting Secrets
Learn the technologies, products and procedures used to protect confidentiality.
- Outline technologies, products and procedures used to protect confidentiality.
- Explain encryption techniques and access control techniques.
- Present concepts of obscuring data.
Lab: Configuring VPN Transport Mode
Lab: Configuring VPN Tunnel Mode
Chapter 05: The Art of Ensuring Integrity
Learn the technologies, products and procedures used to ensure data integrity.
- Explain technologies, products and procedures used to ensure integrity.
- Detail the purpose of digital signature and certificates.
- Explain the need for database integrity enforcement.
Chapter 06: The Realm of Five Nines
Learn the technologies, products, and procedures used to provide high availability.
- Explain the concepts of high availability.
- Describe technologies, products, and procedures used to provide high availability.
- Represent how incident response plan and disaster recovering. planning improves high availability and business continuity.
Lab: Upload 18.104.22.168 Packet Tracer - Router and Switch Redundancy
Lab: Router and Switch Resilience
Chapter 07: Fortifying the Kingdom
Learn the technologies, processes and procedures used to defend all components of the network.
- Explain system, servers and data protection.
- Explain network infrastructure and end device protection.
- Explain physical security measures used to protect network equipment.
Lab: Server Firewalls and Router ACLs
Chapter 08: Joining the Order of Cybersecurity Specialists
Understand the cybersecurity domains and controls; laws and ethics, various roles in the cybersecurity profession.
- Discuss cybersecurity domains and controls within the CIA triad.
- Explain ethics and cybersecurity laws.
- Name the cybersecurity tools.
- Explain how to become a cyber security professional.
Lab: Upload 22.214.171.124 Packet Tracer - Skills Integrated Challenge
Course FINAL Exam