CCNP ROUTE: Implementing Cisco IP Routing Course (Instructor-Led)
This course is delivered online over 12 weeks, during which participants view online course materials and complete learning activities at a time that is convenient for them. Scheduled Live Instructor Coaching Sessions – optional, but participation is strongly suggested – provide direct interaction with the instructor.
Participants spend approximately 6 - 10 hours per week, on average, completing the various course activities in order to maximize the learning benefits. Approximately 80% of this schedule is determined by the participant and approximately 20% (the Live Instructor Coaching Sessions) is scheduled by the instructor. The schedule for the Coaching Sessions will be discussed and selected during the course orientation.
System Requirements: A high speed Internet connection (Cable or DSL) and Internet Explorer 8.0 or above
CCNP ROUTE:Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) is designed to help cable professionals prepare for Cisco CCNP® certification. The ROUTE course is a component of the CCNP curriculum.
The ROUTE course is designed for cable network engineers with at least one year of professional work experience, who are ready to advance their skills and work independently on complex network solutions. Cable professionals will learn to plan, configure and verify the implementation of secure enterprise LAN and WAN routing solutions using a range of routing protocols. The course also covers enterprise Internet connectivity and protocol hardening.
- Cisco online content, practice exams and labs
- Complimentary Cisco textbook
- SCTE Course Certificate
- 3 college credits
- 6 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal
LESLEY: NEW GRAPHIC NEEDED – let me know if Josh provides this or if you need something from me:
- Basic Network and Routing Concepts
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol Implementation
- Open Shortest Path First Protocol Implementation
- Manipulating Routing Updates
- Path Control Implementation
- Enterprise Internet Connectivity
- BGP Implementation
- Routers and Routing Protocol Hardening
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize network principles such as protocol operation (e.g., IPv6), protocol migration and general network challenges.
- Plan and document the configuration and verification of routing protocols and their optimization in enterprise networks.
- Identify the technologies, components, and metrics of EIGRP used to implement and verify EIGRP routing in diverse, large-scale internetworks based on requirements.
- Configure and verify EIGRP for IPv6.
- Identify, analyze, and match OSPF multi area routing functions and benefits for routing efficiencies in network operations in order to implement and verify OSPF routing in a complex enterprise network.
- Configure and verify OSPF for IPv6.
- Implement and verify a redistribution solution in a multi-protocol network that uses Cisco IOS features to control path selection and provides a loop-free topology according to a given network design and requirements.
- Evaluate common network performance issues and identify the tools needed to provide Layer 3 path control that uses Cisco IOS features to control the path.
- Implement and verify a Layer 3 solution using BGP to connect an enterprise network to a service provider.
- Configure and verify eBGP (IPv4 and IPv6 address families).
- Understand layer 2 and layer 3 enterprise Internet connectivity, security and infrastructure services.
Cisco Certification Exam Preparation
This course prepares students to take the Implementing Cisco IP Routing exam (ROUTE 300-101) which is a qualifying exam for the Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP® and Cisco Certified Design Professional CCDP® certifications. The ROUTE 300-101 exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to use advanced IP addressing and routing in implementing scalable and secure Cisco ISR routers connected to LANs and WANs. The exam also covers enterprise Internet connectivity and protocol hardening.
Completion of the CCNP ROUTE course is not required prior to taking the certification exam. The exam is administered through Pearson VUE (Virtual University Enterprises) and is not part of the course.