SCTE•ISBE Leadership Institute: Georgia Tech Executive Education
The 2018 SCTE-Georgia Tech Management Development Program will be held Monday, March 12 through Thursday, March 15, 2018.
The Program: Designed in conjunction with the faculty at the nationally ranked Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business, this program provides the foundation for high-potential individuals to grow into management positions related to technical and operational aspects of the cable telecommunications industry.
The immersive curriculum includes a broad mix of classes that have a particular emphasis on the practical needs of cable professionals, including:
- Developing a Technology Strategic Plan
- Analyzing Financial Statements
- Managing Technology Projects
- Leading and Managing High Performing Teams
- Understanding Outsourcing Arrangements
- Cable Industry Technology and Business Trends
- Making Technology Decisions Based on Total Cost of Ownership
- Radio Frequency Network Management
- Managing Change in Technology Implementations
Cable telecommunications experts from Cox, Comcast, and ARRIS will be featured guest lecturers during the 2018 SCTE•ISBE Leadership Institute at Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business Monday through Thursday, March 12-15, the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) and its global arm, the International Society of Broadband Experts (ISBE), announced today.
The subject matter experts will address a wide variety of technology issues and trends, complementing the classroom curriculum to provide operator and vendor participants with the tools needed for planning, executing, and managing successful projects. Topics and guest speakers are scheduled to include:
- Network Security — Kim Keever, Senior Vice President and CISO, Cox Communications;
- Wi-Fi Access — Drew Davis, Executive Director, Wi-Fi Technology, Cox Communications;
- 5G Analysis — JR Flesch, Director CPE, Advanced Technology, ARRIS;
- Data Analytics — Larry Wolcott, Fellow and Distinguished Engineer, Comcast Cable;
- Wireline Access Networks — Dan Murphy, Senior Vice President, Engineering, Central Division, Comcast Cable; and
- Customer Premises Equipment — Jon Cave, Vice President, Video, Broadband and Xfinity Home Device, Product Strategy, Comcast Cable.
Chris Bastian, senior vice president and CTO of SCTE•ISBE, will kick off the guest speaker lineup with a discussion of Cable Technology Trends on the opening day of the four-day course.
About the Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business: The intersection of business and technology has always been at the heart of the College of Management and today that focus is more relevant than ever. Leveraging Georgia Tech’s strengths in entrepreneurship and technology innovation, the College grounds students in critical thinking and teaches them to perform in highly technological and global environments. The interdisciplinary curriculum stresses teamwork, cultural diversity, and relevant solutions to real-world problems to prepare tomorrow’s business leaders to achieve, lead, and succeed in today’s changing technological environments.
About the Georgia Tech Faculty: The Georgia Tech faculty are at the top of their fields and can translate their research and consulting experiences into practical business solutions. The faculty members teaching in our programs are hand-selected based on their record of exceptional teaching and research, in addition to their ability to meld theory and practice. Many are also consultants to national and international organizations, allowing them to bridge the worlds of theory and practice within the ever-changing realities of the business world.