DOCSIS® 3.1 IS HERE.
BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO GET TRAINED.
DOCSIS 3.1 is the future of cable service—and it’s here now.
In today’s competitive landscape companies need to stay ahead of the latest technologies—That’s where the SCTE/ISBE DOCSIS 3.1 Boot
Camp comes in. Companies who are early-adopters and train their engineers and developers on this game-changing technology today will
enable the immediate deployment of the new DOCSIS network architecture, gain a competitive advantage in their markets, and improve
business results. As an employee, you will be one of the first individuals to understand DOCSIS 3.1, which gives you an edge in your
expertise and career.
Download the DOCSIS 3.1 White Paper.
Our latest partnered white paper, DOCSIS 3.1: Cable Tackles the Gigabit Challenge, explores the significance of this groundbreaking technology and how forward-thinking professionals are using DOCSIS 3.1 knowledge to take their companies and their careers to the next level.
The SCTE/ISBE DOCSIS 3.1 Boot Camp is the first advanced training of its kind to give engineers, NOC and headend/hub personnel
and designers the knowledge and practical skills to immediately deploy DOCSIS 3.1.
In partnership with
Our Boot Camp program was developed in partnership with CabeLabs®, uses the latest education methods and modalities to
deliver the training effectively, and comes in bite-size chunks to maximize your learning potential. The course will equip you to
increase the capacity of your company’s network, enabling it to deliver next-generation services.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
1. WE GET YOU READY.
In the first section of the Boot Camp, we offer a primer on DOCSIS 3.1 and the fundamentals of DOCSIS 3.1 downstream operation. Then participants complete a pre-test that assesses their existing knowledge to ensure they’re ready to move on to the classroom portion of the training.
If the pre-test determines the participant needs more preparation for the classroom, they are offered e-learning courses to give them a background on the PHY layer, PHY multiplexing and multiple access technology, MAC data links and cable modem initialization.
2. CLASS IS IN SESSION.
The second portion of the DOCSIS 3.1 Boot Camp consists of the 3-day classroom session covering the following topics:
- DOCSIS 3.1 initialization procedure
The end-to-end process with respect to DOCSIS 3.1
New frequency plan enhancements
Next code word pointers (NCP) and changes with respect to the MAC domain
- Profiles, ranging and probing
- OFDM in action
- PHY/OFDM plant testing
- Spectrum analyzers
- OFDM generators from test equipment vendors
- Demonstration of OFDM testing
- DOCSIS 3.1 installation
- DOCSIS 3.1 deployment and proactive network maintenance approaches
- CMTS configuration for different vendor platforms
- Troubleshooting network and plant issues using new DOCSIS 3.1 tools
- Monitoring and testing approaches
3. THE LEARNING DOESN'T STOP THERE.
In the third phase of the DOCSIS 3.1 Boot Camp, we provide participants with follow-up activities, digital games and further educational content to help reinforce and solidify their knowledge. Key elements include:
- Data input/command examples
- Implementation and troubleshooting tips
- Opportunities to follow up with the course presenters in threaded discussions and webinars
See Why Our Boot Camp is the Most In-Depth Available Anywhere
See What Our Boot Camp Graduates are Saying About the Training
See What Our Boot Camp Graduates are Saying About the Training
Be one of the first to get trained on DOCSIS 3.1. Contact Steve Harris today to schedule your
Boot Camp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-542-5040, ext. 7324
Experience the most comprehensive training programs for cable system operators.
At SCTE/ISBE, our robust ecosystem of subject matter experts, partners, programs and resources allows us to understand the impacts of new technology and promptly train professionals, like you, to get it deployed. Our industry-renowned training programs include:
A self-paced, online course that helps broadband professionals better understand the elements and implementations of DOCSIS 3.1 as well as what makes it different from previous versions of DOCSIS.
- Pre-recorded presentations are delivered online over a period of 4 weeks.
- Learning activities take 1-2 hours to complete and can be done on the participant’s schedule within the 4-week time period.
- Upon successful completion of course quizzes and final test, participants receive their SCTE Course Certificate (via email) and 1 Recertification Unit (RU) toward SCTE certification renewal.
This self-paced, online course offers in-depth presentations on:
- US and DS Channel Bonding
- Traffic engineering
- Bandwidth management processes
- The potential impact of Channel Bonding implementation with respect to network configuration modifications and service provisioning
It is a must for those responsible for integrating DOCSIS 3.0, specifically targeting Channel Bonding functionality.
- Pre-recorded presentations are delivered online over a period of 12 weeks.
- Learning activities take an average of 32-40 hours to complete and can be done on the participant’s schedule within the 12-week time period.
- Upon successful completion of the course, participants receive their SCTE Course Certificate (via email) and 2 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal.
This two-day, instructor-led, onsite course can be scheduled by your company or your local chapter for a group of participants. Training can be conducted at your facility or a location of your choice or virtually (live, online, instructor-led training). Topics covered include:
- The benefits of digital vs. analog
- Calculating analog-to-digital conversion
- Digital modulation techniques
- High-speed data over cable networks using DOCSIS cable modems
To request a proposal on this course or other onsite training, please contact email@example.com and provide the name of the training course, the location, and the number of participants.
Verify your expertise and advance your career by becoming certified.
Our SCTE DOCSIS® Engineering Professional Certification (DEP) is offered in partnership with CableLabs® and helps broadband professionals better understand the elements and implementations of DOCSIS 1.0 through DOCSIS 3.0 specifications.
Certification Exam: The 2-hour, proctored, 50-question, multiple-choice exam is $65 for SCTE/ISBE members and $110 for nonmembers.
Learn More About DEP Certification and the Exam
Not ready for the exam? We offer a prep course to help you prepare.
DOCSIS Engineering Professional Certification (DEP) Prep Course
In this self-paced, online course, broadband professionals gain a better understanding of how to build, deploy, manage and troubleshoot DOCSIS 1.0 through DOCSIS 3.0 networks. Topics covered include:
- DOCSIS system design architecture
- Signals and protocol layering
- DOCSIS operations
- Upstream-downstream corrective measures
- Cable modem configuration/cable modem termination systems
- Operating requirements, security parameters, set-top gateway operation, operation support system interface and troubleshooting for each DOCSIS version
The course is designed specifically for MSO technical professionals, including mid-to senior-level data technicians, maintenance and headend technicians, and engineering managers.
- Pre-recorded presentations are delivered online over a period of 10 weeks.
- Course activities take an average of 4-8 hours per week to complete and can be done on the participant’s schedule within the 10-week time period.
- Upon successful completion of the course assessments and final exam, participants receive their SCTE Course Certificate (via email) and 3 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal.